|Back to front page
|Назад на главную страницу
|Back to "Eurovision-Belarus"
|Назад на "Евровидение-Беларусь"
SPECIAL FEATURE ON BELARUS EUROVISION
RUSLAN ALEHNO: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW
ЭКСКЛЮЗИВНОЕ ИНТЕРВЬЮ РУСЛАНА АЛЕХНО,
ПРЕДСТАВИТЕЛЯ БЕЛАРУСИ НА КОНКУРСЕ ЕВРОВИДЕНИЕ 2008
|- Dear Ruslan, first of all our
congratulations with the success at the national preselection! What do you feel now, being
selected Eurovision participant?
- Thanks! Of course I'm I feel glad to represent my country at such a huge music competition. But besides happiness I feel also huge responsibility, and a serious work that lays in front of me. This is first of all. It is not the end, but a running start!
- How it happened that you've decided to apply to open preselection? Was it your's decision, or one of your producers?
- This was joint decision: both of producers and myself. You always should test yourself and keep working. When you stop - you stop develop as an artist. Our profession is constant search for something new, it is creativity.
- Was it difficult to win? Whom did you regard as main rivals?
- Yes, that was not easy. All participants deserved their chance. I can not name one, as first of all I was concentrated on my own performance.
- What was your first thought when you've been announced as Eurofest winner?
- First? Feel of happiness and proudness, of course! Then there were many different thoughts in my head, I can not recall them (smiles). But certainly no bad thoughts! (laughs)
- How can you characterize your song in one sentence?
- Song about the passed love, but with pleasant memories!
- Can you tell us how it was created? Was it meant specially for Eurovision?
- Yes, it was prepared specially for the contest. It was created by two persons: Eleonora Melnik (lyrics) and Taras Demchuk (music). Taras showed it to me. I've listened to it and realised that I like it! It drives me, and lyrics are pretty good.
- How do you think, Hasta La Vista, may differenciate from other Eurovision entries, to be remembered by the viewers?
- It is difficult to answer this question, because I haven't heard any other songs yet. But definitely I will try to make it memorable!
- Will there be some other versions of the song, remixes?
- Well, we have already Russian and English versions, soon we will record remix. Hopefully everyone will like it!
- Tell us about Russian version?
- Russian version keeps idea of English one. The story is simple and can be understood by everyone: they say goodbye, but there is new love awaiting for them in the future.
- Why did you decide to perform in English? Don't you plan to perform one verse or chorus in Russian?
- No, I don't plan to perform it partly in English. I don't think it will look good that way. Many singers tend to sing in English. Probably because it easier to understand and is more common for European audience.
- What is your aim at Eurovision contest?
- To give good performance at maximum level and reach deserved place. I don't plan world supremacy yet! (laughs)
- Do you have already preparation plans? Is there something you consider very important in preparations, something you should work on?
- Yes, this is presentation, partially arrangement, and work on myself. Presentation should be impressive and I should be calm and confident, and music should be beautiful!
- Do you plan promotional tour? If yes, what, on your opinion is the aim of touring, as previously there was no exact dependence of success at the contest from scape of promotional tour?
- We will have promotional tour, and I think that participation in it is direct advertising of the entry in other participating countries. But success will depend first of all from the performance on the day of contest.
- Do you already know who will work with you as choreographer and took part in the performance? Will it be similar presentation as at the national preselection or you will find some other decision?
- I don't now it right now, as we're currently searching for the person who will be responsible for that. But one thing is certain, it will be very different from what you've seen at the Eurofest. Right no, no other details, sorry.
- When do you plan to start shooting video for your entry?
- After we finalize all preparations, but I think in February.
- Have you seen some other Eurovision contests previously? Did you find something specificly memorable, any ideas you can use?
- Yes, I had. Every contest has it's own great entries and great singers. Certainly, when I like something, I try to remember it, and may be test on myself. But the best is what is coming from your own soul. This is the harmony one should try to reach!
- Will you be following the information from other countries selections, listen to all participating entries in advance?
- Well, definitely I will hear songs of those countries which I will visit with promotional tour. But I don't think I will be able to listen to all of them. I don't have enough time for that (smiles), I should be working!
- In case of success of Alexandr Panaiotov or any other ex-participants of People's Artist at national Russian selection - will you feel them as rivals, or you will prepare for the contest together?
- I will be very happy if one of my colleagues gets a chance to represent Russia at the competition. But we won't be able to prepare together anyway, as everyone has his own song and own presentation. But we won't become enemies. And smell of rivalship is very important at any contest!
- You have experience in different TV and vocal contests, do you like athmosphere cometitions?
- Each contest is stimulation for the development - so it is excellent to be in athmosphere of competition! I like the contests for that. I always enter them with confidence. If not for the victory, what may be the reason to enter them?
- Do you think there is universal recipe to succeed at singing competition?
- No, there is no common recipe. Everyone should prepare own individual one.
- What do you think is the most important factor in Eurovision contest - song, performer or show presentation?
- All combined: singer, song and the show. You can not succeed with any of these factors missing.
- How do you regard that some people are labelling Eurovision contest as political? Do you think that Belarus can with it?
- I take calmly that the contest is a bit political. Speaking of Belarus victory... why not?
- What are your plans on the releases, are you planning new album by May?
- Yes, I'm currently working on it. When I will collect all songs we will release the album. I want it to be interesting, so I do select all the songs for it with great care.
- What performer had the biggest influence on you as singer, is most close to you in spirit?
- Many of them, to name few... Philip Kirkorov, Nikolay Noskov, Valeriy Leontiev, Elton John, George Michael specially. Each of them is living legend and you always can find something to learn from them.
- What do you think about the current music scene of Belarus? Whom could you recomend for Eurovision in future?
- The stage is on pretty good level, and there are many talented artists there. But I consider the real contender for Eurovision band "Litesound". There are very talented and nice guys!
- Do you have something to add to those who will read this interview?
- The best wishes: success, happiness and love. Don't be bored with life. It is always full of surprises. Be kind and happy!
- Thank you for interview, good luck with preparations and see you in Belgrade!
Руслан, прежде всего наши поздравления с победой
на национальном отборе! Что вы чувствуете сейчас,
будучи избранным участником Евровидения?
- Тяжело ли было
победить? Кого вы считали своим основным
- Как бы вы могли
охарактеризовать вашу конкурсную песню в одном
- Чем, по вашему мнению,
- Расскажите о русской
- Почему вы предпочли
выступать на английском? Не планируете ли вы
ввести в свое исполнение один куплет/припев на
- Какие цели вы ставите
перед собой на Евровидении?
планируется приступить к съемкам клипа на
вашу конкурсную песню?
- Смотрели ли вы
конкурсы Евровидения раньше? Запомнилось ли вам
что-то особенно, нашли ли вы какие-то интересные
- Как вы относитесь к
тому, что о конкурсе Евровидение говорят, что он
политический? Считаете ли вы, что представитель
Беларуси может одержать победу на Евровидении?
- Что вы думаете о
современной музыкальной сцене Беларуси? Кого бы
из артистов вы бы рекомендовали для участия в
Евровидении в следующие годы?